Sunday, May 18, 2008

Shuka











Dad and I strolled through a nearby "Shuka" a couple of Saturdays ago. I wouldn't recommend the milk - we've only found one brand we can tolerate - and even it isn't good straight. The woman is making lavash - she will lay it on the padded board in front of her and then slap it onto the side wall of the round oven to her left. It cooks fast and Armenians love their lavash which they wrap around things like we do with tortillas. Dad bought me this bouquet for mother's day and it lasted very well, in fact we just tossed it today. Thunderstorms here this morning, but now the sun is peaking through.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun market to visit.

ML said...

I highly recommend Hershey's Chocolate Syrup as a milk fix. I sometimes give it as a welcome gift to newcomers from the States:)

Carolyn said...

I love seeing all the fruits and vegetables!