Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Start

Got started on the mudding upstairs - convinced Dad that painting the bookcases white is okay - I'm all into white wood, feel like it goes better with our cottage-size house, and makes everything clean and fresh. Now my big challenge is the uneven ceilings - I'll likely go with some texture. The guy that did our LR ceiling last summer, Mike, said that you can mix joint compound with primer and a tiny bit of Dawn dish soap and roll it on for a textured ceiling - getting the right proportions might be tricky, so I'll do some samples on some scrap sheet rock first. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Rheanna said...

I can't wait to see all the exciting changes you've made! I'm not very adventurous-I'd be afraid to permanently make a huge mistake! I can't ever convince Justin to paint wood either-must be another Dow male thing!