Friday, September 2, 2011

Life is Good!

I absolutely love this time of year - temps are pleasant, humidity is low, skies are blue, apples are crisp, the garden is producing its heart out - sublime! Yesterday we had an entire meal of garden produce: new red potatoes, pole beans, shell beans w/cream, cucumbers, tomatoes, applesauce, and blueberry muffins - well, the muffins did not come from the garden - but it was otherwise grown right here in our backyard. I love that. Today, I baked oatmeal cookies and 4 loaves of oatmeal bread - heavenly aromas filled the house. Life is good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in the middle of eating my lunch, but you are still making me hungry just thinking of all of that : )

Rheanna said...

Hmmmm....Sounds to me like it's the perfect time of year to visit!! It's amazing how much more exciting making dinner is from fresh produce-especially when you grow it yourself!

Unknown said...

That sounds lovely! Can't wait till someday when I can have my own garden;)