Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday morning

Abe, Logan, and I moved our picnic table and benches all the way across our yard from under the big oak to the patio for the fall. I didn't know if we could lift the heavy thing, but those two boys are like a team of oxen - they both got under one end and leaned into it and with only 2 rests got it where we wanted it. I was on the other end walking backwards and had all I could do to walk fast enough to keep from being plowed over! Then we went toadstool hunting on our lawn - we counted over 100 of them, various sizes - some were as big as a dinner plate! I gave the boys permission to kick them to smithereens into the puckerbrush, which they gleefully did - didn't think Dad would want to mush them up with the mower later. Dad and Spencer are shingling again. It's a beautiful sunny day with just a touch of fall in the crystal clear air.

No comments: